We live in a dark world...a world that suffers the affects of sin and evil. Yet this is the world into which God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, who is the light of the world. Jesus brought us deliverance from the darkness of sin and evil. He also gives us his Word to light our path, to guide us, and for us to take to the far reaches of the earth. As His word says, "The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in the land of deep darkness, on them has light shined." Isaiah 9:2 (ESV)

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Introducing Randy Heide Missionary Pastor


Hi. I’m Randy Heide. I have been a Parish Pastor in Canada for 25 years, serving in Kamloops, BC for a year of Vicarage, Fort McMurray, AB for 6 yrs., and then Warman, Martensville, & Bergheim, SK over the last 19 yrs.
My wife Darlene and I have raised three boys and received a daughter-in-law with joy. All three boys will be graduating from University in 2020; one from Seminary, one from Accounting, and one from Engineering. As a family, we have served the church together throughout the years and agree on the Lord’s calling to LAMP (Lutheran Association of Missionaries and Pilots).
I had heard about LAMP while growing up attending First Lutheran Church in Lloydminster, and remember a presentation by Pastor Les Stahlke during my teenage years. At that time I considered using my new found Air Cadet pilot’s license to serve LAMP; that was until I saw a picture of Pastor Stahlke under the cowling of the airplane in winter on the ice, trying to get the plane thawed so it would start, BRRR! ...Well, 35 years later here I am joining the LAMP team, excited to bring the precious good news to a people who seek forgiveness and hope and desire the peace that the Gospel of Jesus Christ can bring.
Over the winter, I have been transitioning into my new role with LAMP alongside Pastor Dennis Ouelette, who has officially retired as of February 2020. We are spending this time handing the mantle over as I am introduced to both the communities I will serve and the congregations sending volunteers who I will serve alongside.
Pastor Brad Scholenberg is one of our volunteers who serves in Pelican Narrows, Saskatchewan. He shares about one gentleman who’s life was directly affected by LAMP’s ministry in his community. "Our trusty night watchman gave us his key to the school for the whole week. We spent quality time getting to know him and hearing his thoughts on his community. About a week after our departure (one of the team members texted to thank him for his service to us) he had this to say: 'No problem. God bless you and your friends. I'm glad there are people like you on earth. Gives me a little more faith in humanity knowing not everyone is selfish. I hope to someday have enough to do more than just survive and to actually make an effort to make the world a little bit nicer than it was the day before. That's the effect your visit had for me so know it does make a difference.’
I am looking forward to sharing Jesus love and making a difference in the lives we serve in the remote northern communities as well as experiencing the changes in the lives of the volunteers like Pastor Brad that support them.
It hit me when I was going through my Initial meetings at the office that I no longer have a congregation committed to caring for my needs.  But as I’ve been studying the word of God I’m not afraid. For the Lord our God has always called upon his servants to turn to him for support trusting that those they serve, and who serve alongside them will provide their support so that they can carry out the vision and ministry he has given to them. The Levites of old testament were told by God to trust Him to provide for their needs through the tithes of the people. Nehemiah asked the King of Babylon to support him as he rebuilt Jerusalem. Our Lord Jesus depended on those disciples who travelled with him to provide for his needs. The disciples were strictly told by our Lord to depend on those they served. St.Paul taught the early church that supporting him as a missionary and servant of the Gospel was an expectation of God. Who am I to doubt my Heavenly Father’s promises and commitment to my calling. A calling that has been verified over and over again by those I have served alongside in ministry at Warman, in the wider church, and those who currently serve with LAMP. Therefore I need ministry partners who believe in the value of this cross-cultural ministry sharing Jesus Christ with God’s people in Northern Canada.
If you would like to have me come visit you or your congregation and share more about the work LAMP is doing in Northern Canada, please email randy@lampministry.org or call 1(800)307-4036 ext.711.  OR If you want to have an impact by becoming a volunteer or supporter of this ministry, please visit our website at www.lampministry.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment